Scroll down for English >> Webinar su piattaforma Zoom, in inglese con traduzione simultanea in italiano>> 26 marzo
>> 26 marzo 2022 ore 17-20, con Josephine Nalugo
>> Per iscrizioni https://forms.gle/jFGsBMKY5quWXcaZ9
Workshop by Josephine Nalugo. March, 26th • 5-8 pm (CET) online via Zoom
Language: English with italian translation.
Fee: euro 50,00
Josephine will tell us about the birth and its traditions, relating both to the mother and to the child being born, and how carrying is really lived and experienced in this country.
This concerns all of those involved in birth, babywearing and parenting support: babywearing consultants, midwives, doulas, paediatricians, mothers and fathers.
Income (90%) from this workshop will be designated to fund Josphine’s project MAMA KIT that includes essentials for baby birth/ delivery:
1. 2 pairs of surgical gloves
2. A cod clump
3. 2 surgical blades
4. 500g cotton wool
5. 4 meters of surgical gauze
6. A piece of soap
7. 2 meter plastic delivery sheet
8. 2 baby receiver sheets
9. A 15 liter basin
10 A 5 liter Jerry can
11. African fabric baby carrier – Lesu
This is a very essential kit that when a pregnant woman doesn’t have it then entering hospital is not accepted.
• Josephine and the MAMA KIT project dedicated teens mothers
• Birth in Uganda:
– Birth Traditions: how women gets prepared for birth, what care and attention is given by the family or the village to the women during pregnancy.
– How the birth and the first period after the birth is experienced, with a look also at the conclusion of the puerperium for the mother.
• Pause (15 minutes)
• Carrying in Uganda
– The tradition of carrying: who carries the baby/child and why
– What carriers are used: from the ancestors to the present day
– How to carry: with a mini-practical part, so make sure, if you wish, to have with you a fabric of approximately these dimensions: 170×110
– Traditional fabrics used for carrying, with the possibility of further ordering
• Questions and Conclusion
Bachelor or Arts Social Sciences major Sociology from Makerere University Kampala Uganda
I Am a mother
With 2decades work experience under livelihood improvement, in Uganda, DRC, Ghana, Tanzania, I run community breastfeeding and baby carrying support groups in Uganda offering breastfeeding consultancy and support.
National Trainer in Infant and Young Child feeding, Baby friendly Health facility Trainer and Internal and External Assessor
I Am an Attachment Parenting Trainer certified by Attachment Parenting International (API)
I am a lifestyle Exercise Attitude Nutrition (LEAN) Coach certified by Dr. Sears wellness Institute. I Am an organic farmer. I have been managing the Happy Baby Carrier project in Uganda since 2016 todate. Iam a member of International Baby Food Action Network I(BFAN) UGANDA and was International Lactation Consultant Association (ILCA) member till 2018
(Sabato) 17:00 - 20:00
L'Oasi delle MadriL'Oasi delle Madri è uno spazio ospitale e florido a cui approdare, dove ogni donna, madre e professionista della nascita e del benessere possano accogliersi e valorizzarsi a vicenda. Farci portatrici di vita è un’esperienza piena di potenza e bellezza che possiamo vivere con fiducia nelle nostre capacità.email@example.com